Location: St Catherine’s Court, Clifton, Bristol
FundsLibrary is a leading digital platform, supporting the life cycle of fund data, documents and regulatory reporting for the investment industry. We collect and distribute a vast range of fund data and documents that we collect directly from some 700 global fund groups. This data is validated by our experts and is then distributed to any desired global end-point within the investment industry, comprising platforms, wealth managers, investment boutiques and market data vendors.
Our business is built around three key pillars of expertise, so as well as our fund data capabilities, we also deliver industry leading solutions and services to our clients within the regulatory space, supporting them with Solvency II and MiFID II reporting and distribution requirements. Digital Solutions is our final pillar, and we have been delivering a range of tools to our clients for many years including investment Research Centres, Digital Factsheets and Income Forecasters.
We are an innovative B2B FinTech company and our ongoing success is based on a deep understanding of our clients’ needs, a keen entrepreneurial edge and fierce determination to provide the best data in our market.
We are entering an exciting new growth phase, and are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our team of passionate Software Developers?
With a proficiency in the planning and management of big data infrastructure accompanied by expertise in logical and physical database design, you will be ideally suited to work with our growing repository of investment data. Working closely with our Scrum teams, you will be an effective team player with strong problem solving and communication skills capable of dealing with all areas of the business. Existing development experience with C# or familiarity with Azure will be a distinct advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and recommend data storage solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Work with large-scale SQL Server databases
- Work with the development teams to ensure optimal performance for data access and storage
- Perform the day-to-day management of database operations including security, backups and other maintenance tasks
- Recommend and implement automation of processes where possible
- Relevant work experience
- Engineering science or numerate degree desirable
- Advanced SQL
- Logical and physical database design and modelling
- Performance and sociability techniques
- C#. JSON, Cloud-based data warehouses desirable
- 5+ years experience in database design and administration
- Working with large scale SQL server databases
- Experience with one or more additional database technologies e.g. Oracle, Couchbase
- Azure experience would be desirable
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
MOST READ INSIGHTS
Views, opinions or claims expressed on this website are those of the authors, and not necessarily the views of FundsLibrary. The content and information contained on the site should not be taken as advice. We accept no responsibility for loss incurred by any person on taking or refraining from action as a result of material contained herein.
All figures correct as at 08.02.2019.