Location: St Catherine’s Court, Clifton, Bristol
FundsLibrary are a leading digital platform, supporting the life cycle of fund data, documents and regulatory reporting for the Asset Management industry.
Our business is built around three pillars of expertise:
We are the industry’s gateway to an established Data Distribution network. We seek effective ways to deliver the best investment data and meet the challenges of regulatory change. We source data from over 700 global fund groups for around 40,000 products and receive over 200 million annual requests for our market insights and fund data.
For over 15 years’ we have been delivering Digital Solutions for a large selection of blue chip clients, including Asset Managers, Investment Platforms and Technology Providers.
Within our Regulatory Solutions business area we currently work with Europe’s largest Fund Managers and this well-established client base is testament to our pre-eminent position in Europe for KIID and MiFID II distribution.
What we can offer you:
We are an innovative and fast-paced company which provides a challenging and engaging space for you to advance your career. Our office is a collaborative and colourful space which inspires employees to work together to accomplish collective objectives and build strong working relationships. We support career development with the attendance of industry courses or conferences and have created a culture that allows employees to provide honest feedback and speak their mind on a regular basis, whether that be regarding a particular project or the business as a whole. We hold employee Values Awards on a regular basis to recognise and thank those employees who embody the company values.
We are entering an exciting new growth phase, and are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our team of passionate Software Developers.
With a proficiency in the planning and management of big data infrastructure accompanied by expertise in logical and physical database design, you will be ideally suited to work with our growing repository of investment data. Working closely with our Scrum teams, you will be an effective team player with strong problem solving and communication skills capable of dealing with all areas of the business. Existing development experience with C# or familiarity with Azure will be a distinct advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and recommend data storage solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Work with large-scale SQL Server databases
- Work with the development teams to ensure optimal performance for data access and storage
- Perform the day-to-day management of database operations including security, backups and other maintenance tasks
- Recommend and implement automation of processes where possible
- Relevant work experience
- Engineering science or numerate degree desirable
- Advanced SQL
- Logical and physical database design and modelling
- Performance and sociability techniques
- C#. JSON, Cloud-based data warehouses desirable
- 5+ years experience in database design and administration
- Working with large scale SQL server databases
- Experience with one or more additional database technologies e.g. Oracle, Couchbase
- Azure experience would be desirable
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits including pension and private health
- Discretionary bonus
- City Centre location
- Training and mentorship
- Regular social outings arranged by our employee social committee
- Annual summer away day and Christmas party
- Discounts at local restaurants and bars
- A discounted gym membership
- Weekly Wednesday breakfast
- Free fruit, tea and coffee
- Pool table
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
FundsLibrary is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
MOST READ INSIGHTS
Views, opinions or claims expressed on this website are those of the authors, and not necessarily the views of FundsLibrary. The content and information contained on the site should not be taken as advice. We accept no responsibility for loss incurred by any person on taking or refraining from action as a result of material contained herein.
All figures correct as at 08.02.2019.